West Fraser is a diversified North American wood products company producing southern yellow pine lumber and wood chips across the Southern US and Western Canada. We are the largest lumber producer in North America!
Our employees operate in a culture that values safety first and rewards hard work. We recognize and support our team culture and focus on growing our team by promoting from within – many of our employees have built their careers with us.
We are seeking a Harvesting Forester to be part of a team responsible for the purchase, delivery, quality and cost of pine saw timber.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Competent and qualified to partner with independent logging contractors on OSHA safety, wood quality, best management practices
- Ability to solve on the ground contractor concerns
- Experience in laying out skid trails, haul roads and logging sets
- Good verbal communication skills to work with logging contractors and land owners
Required skills and experience include:
- 4-year degree in Forestry or equivalent degree or a minimum of 5 years of woods contractor supervision
- Good leadership and communication skills are essential
- Must be proficient in Word and Excel software and other software skills such as ArcGIS, Access, etc. are a plus
- Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check, and drug screen test
Our highly competitive compensation package includes:
- Competitive starting pay along with on-the-job training and a culture that strongly believes in promoting from within
- Outstanding benefits package including medical, dental, 401k, life insurance, disability, paid vacations and holidays
If you are ready to build your career in a company that thrives on growth, a safe work environment, rewarding work, challenge and opportunity, come build your career with us at West Fraser: www.westfraser.com
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please apply through our online application process as resumes will not be accepted at the site. No phone inquiries, please.
West Fraser is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D