West Fraser operates several sawmills across the U.S. South and a Corporate office in Germantown, Tennessee. The business has approximately 2,400 employees and fifteen plants. West Fraser is a wholly-owned U.S. subsidiary of West Fraser Timber Co. LTD., Canada.
Responsibilities include but not limited to
- Must have an excellent safety record
- Must have an excellent attendance record
- Must have good interpersonal skills
- Must have good written and oral communication skills
- Must be willing to perform all job assignments in an effective and timely manner with minimal supervision
- Must have forklift drivers certificate or heavy equipment loader to qualify
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to work in hot, cold, dusty and noisy industrial environment
- Ability to bend, twist, lift, climb, stand throughout the duration of the shift
- Ability to work rotating shift, holidays and weekends
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment background, drug screen, and physical
- Complete equipment checks and perform preventive maintenance on equipment
- Transfer lumber between various plant operations and comply with applicable safety regulations.
- The employee chosen for this position will be required to perform the following key phases of Basic Care:
- Inspection of equipment
- Service and minor adjustments to the equipment (when necessary)
- Cleaning of the equipment
- Documentation and reporting of results
- West Fraser offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, disability and 401(k) savings plans.
All persons meeting the criteria above are encouraged to apply, however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications will not be accepted at the location. No telephone inquiries, please.
West Fraser is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D