Cariboo Pulp is a West Fraser and Daishowa-Marubeni International (DMI) joint venture located in Quesnel, BC. We are currently looking for a motivated:
First Aid Attendant
Are you ready to join an industry that provides a real work/life balance, opportunities for the future, and challenge and satisfaction in a green and sustainable industry? Here is your opportunity!
Cariboo Pulp & Paper is a forerunning producer of NBSK pulp as well as clean “green” energy. Forward thinking ownership, capital investment and movement towards bio-product opportunities has contributed to Cariboo’s longevity and very bright future. Cariboo offers competitive salaries, top-end pension plan, flexible benefits, opportunity for development, advancement and most importantly, the opportunity to make a positive difference in a renewable industry!
Key responsibilities include:
• All aspects of first aid for 200+ employees at a time
• Perform audiometric testing, respirator fit testing, and custom ear plug fitting as required
• Issue indoctrinations, hot work permits, and vessel entry gas testing as required
• Monitor vehicle traffic entering mill and parking lots
• Front line communication with visitors to the mill
• Other duties as required
• Open work availability for this shift relief position
• WCB First Aid Level III certificate required
• High commitment to safety
• Positive and self-motivated attitude
• Working knowledge of computer systems and Microsoft Office competency
• Excellent skills in all forms of communication
The following would be considered a strong asset:
• Proven first aid skills
• Industrial experience
• Strong leadership ability
Located in central BC, Quesnel has a population of approximately 25,000 and features all major conveniences, including its own airport. Quesnel offers affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, as well as unlimited recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn’t take long to feel part of Quesnel’s welcoming community.
Interested applicants should apply by sending their resume and proof of qualifications in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org by April 3rd, 2017.
A family business at heart since 1955, West Fraser values excellence in performance and people, challenge and satisfaction, and profitability and growth. We practice leadership in our field and responsibility in our communities. For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.