West Fraser is one of the leading integrated forest products companies in North America. The Company produces lumber, wood chips, fiberboard, plywood, pulp, linerboard, kraft paper and newsprint at its mills throughout Alberta, British Columbia, and the southern United States. We have an excellent 4 month Engineering co-op employment opportunity at our corporate office in Quesnel for an engineering student starting in May 2018.
ENERGY ENGINEERING CO-OP
The successful candidate will be reporting to the Manager of Strategic Energy Projects in Quesnel, BC. The co-op student will work closely with the energy engineering team and sawmill operational staff in order to minimize energy consumption, cost, and carbon footprint. The current focus is to minimize energy consumption at West Fraser’s BC sawmills, plywood plant, and MDF plant.
- Assist in implementing an employee awareness program
- Benchmark and track energy usage at West Fraser
- Assist in conducting or arranging energy audits
- Assist in completing design and analysis for new energy conservation projects in order to develop business cases
- Track and prioritize energy-saving projects
- Assist in studying clean energy generation projects
- Assist in developing comprehensive energy plan
- Assist in Measurement and Verification of energy projects
Qualifications, requirements and skills:
- Currently enrolled in a recognized post-secondary school as a 2nd, 3rd or 4th year Student in Electrical, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering in British Columbia
- Safety first attitude, previous health and safety training will be an asset
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel (Excel VBA). Ability to use Visio or AutoCAD will be an asset
- Should be available for 4 months starting May 2018
- Excellent verbal communication and technical writing
- Proven interpersonal and leadership skills, ability to work alone with minimum guidance and also within a multi-discipline environment
- Positive and self-motivated. Strong organizational and analytical skills
Quesnel is located in the central interior of BC and has a relatively dry climate with warm summer and pleasant winter. Quesnel services a population of nearly 30,000 people and is ideally suited for outdoor adventurers. Fishing, swimming, hiking, soccer, badminton, and golf are some popular summer activities in Quesnel.
If this position sounds like the opportunity for you, apply at www.westfraser.com/jobs, click "apply now" in green at the top of the page by October 31, 2017.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those short-listed will be contacted.