West Fraser is a diversified North American wood products company producing southern yellow pine lumber and wood chips across the Southern US and Western Canada. We are the largest lumber producer in North America!
Our employees operate in a culture that values safety first and rewards hard work. We recognize and support our team culture and focus on growing our team by promoting from within – many of our employees have built their careers with us.
The position is located at Whitehouse, Florida.
The Industrial Manufacturing Electrician will be responsible for troubleshooting, correcting, and maintaining all electrical equipment within the manufacturing facility.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Test electrical systems and circuits in electrical wiring, equipment or fixtures
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment or components to identify hazards, defects or repair
- Troubleshoot, program and upgrade Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
- Work with vendors to identify needed parts and recommend to Supervisor
- Understand and update instrumentation loop diagrams, E & I drawings, blueprints and schematics
- Program AC & DC variable speed drivers
- Update power distribution system, MCC and switch gears
- Install electrical equipment
- Experience with Allen Bradley PLC5, ControlLogix 5000 and Panelviews
- Allen Bradley Communications—Devicenet & Ethernet
- Scanning and Optimization systems within the Lumber Business (Baxley, USNR)
- Process Network Communication Systems and Components—Ethernet & Fiber Optic
- Detail and accuracy oriented
- Planning and organizing skills
- Communication skills
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Works well in a team
- Highly motivated
- Must have High School Diploma or GED
- Have 4-5 years of verifiable electrical work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Be willing to work rotating shifts
- Able to work overtime and willing to be on-call to support 24/7 operations
- Must successfully complete a skills assessment, pre-employment drug screen, physical, reference check and background check
- West Fraser offers competitive benefits including, medical, dental, life insurance, disability, 401-k savings plans, and vacation.
Physical location: 109 Halsema Road, S., Jacksonville, Florida 32220
All persons meeting that criteria above are encouraged to apply, however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone inquiries, please.
West Fraser is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D