West Fraser Timer Co LTD., is an integrated forest products company producing lumber, wood chips, fiberboard, plywood, pulp and newsprint. Today, the company carries on its operations through subsidiary companies and joint ventures owned directly or indirectly by the company’s principal operating subsidiary West Fraser Mills. West Fraser, Inc. is the company’s wholly-owned subsidiary in the United States. The business has 15 lumber producing locations throughout the U.S. South.
The Electrical Intern will be responsible for assisting certified technicians in troubleshooting, correcting and maintaining all electrical equipment within the manufacturing facility, with an emphasis on learning the manufacturing process and proper safety and maintenance procedures. The Intern will gather skills and training necessary to properly diagnose, assess, and correct problems in the manufacturing process.
Desired skills and experience include:
- Must be enrolled in classes working towards the knowledge of:
- Lock-out procedures
- Field Level Hazard Risk Assessments (FLHRA)
- Electrical circuitry and components, including circuit breakers, motors, and controllers
- Control devices
- Precision alignments
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics
- Predictive and preventative maintenance
- Basic computer skills and PLC skills
- Ability to use hand/power tools and understand the proper use
- Be willing to acquire additional education/training to stay on top of technology advancements
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Term, semester, summer break, or up to 12 months
- West Fraser offers competitive benefits including: medical, dental, life insurance, disability, and 401-k savings plans (available to full-time employees)
- Cost of living allowance for those who temporarily locate
All persons meeting that criteria above are encourage to apply, however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications will not be accepted at the location. No phone inquiries, please.
West Fraser is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D & Drug Free Workplace (DFW)