West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company, rated as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for four years; Also nominated as Canada’s Top 100 Employers for Young People, 2017. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path?
Slave Lake Pulp, a division of West Fraser Mills Ltd., operates a state-of-the-art BCTMP pulp mill 225 km NW of Edmonton, and is seeking an:
Electrical Engineering Student
As a temporary full-time Electrical Engineering Student you will be working with us for Winter and Summer 2018, for an 8 month work term. The opportunity is to be involved in supporting the electrical and instrumentation team in the design and installation of major capital projects power distribution systems and gain experience in the field of ac motors (up to 13.8kV, 23,000hp), high voltage, instrumentation and reliability.
- Electrical Engineering with completion of A/C Motor course
- Experience in AutoCAD and MS Office applications
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Will consider 3rd or 4th year coop engineering students
RESPONSIBILITIES: Working under the direct supervision of the E&I Supervisor, the successful candidate’s responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Commitment to SLP’s Health & Safety Program
- Electrical drawings verification and updates
- PLC programming design and implementation
- CMMS upgrade support for E&I
- Site inspecting & field verification
- Support the E&I team during shutdowns and perform medium voltage motors testing, power outage support, etc.
- Performing an energy study and providing recommendations to improve overall efficiency
- Provide technical support to the electrical and instrumentation team
- Prepare and organize documentation
- Assist in the E&I shop 5S by revising the spare parts stored in the shop and obsoleting retired equipment spare parts in addition to merging the E&I duplicated manuals.
- Other duties as assigned
- The E&I Department will also offer the successful candidate a valuable learning experience by pairing him/her with experienced electricians and project engineers.
Slave Lake Pulp works to achieve ultimate health, safety and environmental standards. Our modern, efficient pulp mill is committed to the highest standards of customer satisfaction and product excellence. This is an excellent opportunity for a coop engineering student to join an industry leader intent on developing young professionals.
If this position sounds like the opportunity for you, submit your resume and cover letter to: www.westfraser.com/jobs click on the green "apply now" at the top of the page.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.