Cariboo Pulp & Paper, located in Quesnel, BC has an immediate opening for the dynamic role of:
Are you ready to join an industry that provides a real work/life balance, opportunities for the future, challenge and satisfaction in a green and sustainable industry? Here is your opportunity!
Cariboo Pulp & Paper is a forerunning producer of NBSK pulp as well as clean “green” energy. Forward thinking ownership, capital investment and movement towards bio-product opportunities has contributed to Cariboo’s longevity and very bright future. Cariboo offers competitive salaries, top-end pension plan, flexible benefits, opportunity for development, advancement and most importantly, the opportunity to make a positive difference in a renewable industry!
Key responsibilities include:
• Monitors and conducts effluent treatment system tours, collects and analyzes samples, and reports results
• Issues daily, monthly, and annual technical and environmental effluent reports
• Conducts effluent testing for government reporting and mill operations including BOD, pH, temperature, conductivity, and resin acids
• Collects and prepares samples for outside lab testing such as daphnia, bioassay, nutrients, and AOX
• Samples and tests ground water monitoring wells
• Participates in CALA Quality Assurance and Control programs and tracks certification of outside labs
• Maintains all equipment required for effluent testing
• Maintains laboratory and working area in clean and safe conditions
• Maintains and updates work instructions associated with effluent technician tasks
• Follows correct hygiene practices for working with and around effluent
• Provides graphs and data analysis for operations support
• Plans and prepares effluent technician budget
• Advises supervisor when unusual conditions in effluent system are noted
• Other duties as required including working evenings and weekends when necessary
• Technical certificate or post-secondary science degree
• Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
• Strong organizational and analytical skills
• Strong computer skills
• High commitment to safety
• Strong communication skills including technical or procedural writing
• A valid driver’s license
The following would be considered a strong asset:
• Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Word
• Mill and/or heavy industry experience
• Organized and attention to detail
• Training in effluent system biology and function
• Knowledge of kraft pulp mill process
Cariboo offers a comprehensive relocation package to assist your move to Quesnel. Located in central BC, Quesnel has a population of approximately 25,000 and features all major conveniences, including its own airport. Quesnel offers affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, as well as unlimited recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn’t take long to feel part of Quesnel’s welcoming community.
Interested applicants should apply by sending their resume and proof of qualifications in confidence by March 27th, 2017.
A family business at heart since 1955, West Fraser values excellence in performance and people, challenge and satisfaction, and profitability and growth. We practice leadership in our field and responsibility in our communities. For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.