Our Hinton Pulp Division is seeking individuals with strong technical, leadership, planning, organization and interpersonal skills to fill the following position:
E&I MAINTENANCE PLANNER/SCHEDULER
The Electrical and Instrumentation Maintenance Planner/Scheduler position is a mid-to-advanced level position in the Maintenance Department which is responsible for planning and scheduling maintenance work. It requires a high level of technical knowledge and a basic understanding of the kraft pulping process. This position reports to the Maintenance Planning and Scheduling Superintendent.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing the electrical and instrumentation maintenance backlog
- Creating detailed job plans
- Managing maintenance costs
- Implementing preventative maintenance programs
- Implementing the Precision Maintenance Program
- Estimating labour and material costs while planning work
- Maintain equipment history files
- Schedule planned work for E&I maintenance crews
The successful candidate must possess:
- Valid Journeyman Electrician or Instrumentation certification
- 5 to 7 years’ experience in either a pulpmill or heavy industrial setting is required
- Strong leadership, planning, budgeting and problem solving skills are essential
- Sound knowledge of computer software and applications is preferred
- Have good organizational and project management skills
- Maintenance planning and scheduling training
Our employees drive our success. We believe in providing opportunities for growth and advancement and are looking for someone who wants to build their career in our company. In addition to competitive wages and benefits, Hinton Pulp offers a stable, rewarding career. Hinton Pulp also offers an attractive relocation package.We are located in Hinton, Alberta, 20 minutes east of Jasper National Park, and 2½ hours west of Edmonton. Hinton, set amidst the stunning scenery of the Alberta Rockies, is a modern community of 10,000 offering terrific lifestyles for individuals and families. Relocation assistance is available. Our region is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise, with exciting activities from skiing, snowmobiling, camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, and ATV’s. Hinton features a full-service acute care hospital, major retail and restaurant chains, community parks and pools, educational institutions for pre-school through post-secondary. To learn more, visit the Town of Hinton Web site: www.town.hinton.ab.ca.
Interested applicants should apply online by sending their resume, cover letter, and proof of qualifications in confidence. To apply, click on our job ad at www.westfraser.com/jobs and then click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone enquiries please.