From an early entrepreneurial spark, West Fraser has grown to more than 7,500 employees at 40 operations throughout western Canada and the southern United States. West Fraser was recently named one of Canada’s 10 Best Companies to Work For along with Canada’s Top 100 Employers for two years running in both 2013 & 2014. The company is currently seeking a high caliber individual interested in pursuing a career in the forest industry. Our Blue Ridge Lumber Division, located near the town of Whitecourt, Alberta, has an immediate opening for a highly motivated:
As the senior financial resource on site, the successful applicant will work with the mill management group to operate and grow our highly successful lumber mill.
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Timely and accurate preparation of financial statements, preparation of related financial analysis, fulfilling external reporting requirements, liaising with corporate staff and assisting with the annual budget
- Supervision of administrative office staff and coaching of operational personnel on financial matters relating to their area of responsibility
- Providing operational and financial support and analysis for the division’s management team and the corporate head office
- Participation in the management team and providing value-added decision support
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A professional accounting designation (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA) or be enrolled in the final stages of completion
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Effectiveness in adapting to tight deadlines
- Forest industry experience is preferred but not required
West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within and we are looking for individuals who are interested in a full-time, long-term career. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding pension plan.
Blue Ridge Lumber is a state of the art facility which produces dimensional lumber. Blue Ridge is a growing hamlet located between the towns of Whitecourt and Mayerthorpe, Alberta. Blue Ridge Lumber is an integral part of the community, providing economic stability to employees and families that live in and around the area. www.whitecourt.ca www.mayerthorpe.ca
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply today in confidence, by emailing your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 12, 2016.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.