West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company that is listed on the TSX. Rated one of Canada’s 10 Best Companies to Work For and as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers two years in a row, we are a growing company looking for talented people to be part of our team. Our Quesnel River Pulp division located in Quesnel, British Columbia, has an immediate opening for an exceptional:
As the senior financial resource on site, the successful applicant will work with the mill management group to operate and grow our highly successful BCTMP (bleached chemithermo mechanical pulp) mill.
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- The preparation of timely and accurate full-cycle accounting for the division, including monthly journal entries, financial statement package, reconciliations and required reporting
- Providing operational and financial support and analysis for the division’s management team and the corporate head office
- Supervision of administrative office staff and coaching of operational personnel on financial matters relating to their area of responsibility
- Coordination and preparation of annual business plan
- Participation in the management team and providing value-added decision support
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A professional accounting designation
- Well established organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Detailed and proactive approach to work
- A high level of motivation
- A strong computer systems skill set
- Pulp industry experience is preferred but not required
West Fraser believes strongly in promoting from within and we are looking for an individual who is interested in a full-time, long-term career. The successful candidate should be interested in future growth opportunities within the company. We offer an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary, excellent benefits and an outstanding pension plan.
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply today in confidence, by emailing your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.