(32 miles North of Pensacola, FL)
West Fraser, Inc. operates several sawmills across the U.S. South and a Corporate office in Germantown, Tennessee. The business has approximately 2,300 employees and fifteen plants. West Fraser, Inc. is a wholly-owned U.S. subsidiary of West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd., Canada.
We are seeking a highly-motivated, experienced Controller to be based at one of our manufacturing operations in McDavid, Florida. The Controller, reporting to the Plant Manager, is a key part of plant management providing analytical support for all financial decisions.
The Controller is responsible for all financial reporting, monthly closing, budget preparation, forecasting, inventory analysis, daily problem solving and other items as assigned.
- Preparing detailed monthly forecasts for the full year based upon the production drivers and key performance metrics at the facility
- Inventory control and reconciliation, including reviewing or auditing the adherence to cycle count procedures and leading the annual physical inventory/fixed asset control
- Management of the capital project process at the plant, including reviewing and approving of capital project requests, identifying obsolescence and project expenses, preparing financial justifications and ensuring timely creation of assets in Oracle
- Preparing economic cost studies for projects concerning new or existing products, manufacturing processes, equipment, or facilities
- Annually reviewing and auditing of internal control procedures in order to sustain SOX compliance and to manage and minimize financial risk at the facility
- Preparing and developing the annual plant budget, including developing standards and updating the standards and period expense budgets in Oracle
- Supporting the plant in generating and quantifying cost savings opportunities, and supporting the plant management team in the implementation of cost reduction initiatives
- Month-end closing responsibilities, including reporting and analyzing variances to budget and forecast for the plant management team and divisional leadership
- Responding quickly and accurately to customer requests including special projects and other duties or analysis as requested by plant or divisional leadership
- Supervise administrative personnel
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in business, accounting or finance.
- Related work experience of 3 to 5 years (depending on type) is required, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Supervisory experience is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint is essential.
- Oracle financial system experience is a plus
West Fraser offers competitive benefits including, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long-term disability, 401-k savings plans, and vacation
All persons meeting that criteria above are encouraged to apply, however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications will not be accepted at the mill office. No phone inquiries, please
West Fraser is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D