Are you an experienced Certified Electrician looking for an exciting career opportunity? Are you ready to take ownership and grow an already dynamic global business? Cariboo Pulp & Paper, located in Quesnel BC, is currently looking for a motivated:
Reporting to the E&I Supervisor, you will be a key player in the company-wide continuous improvement effort through daily use of troubleshooting, and predictive, preventive maintenance strategies.
- Trouble shooting, repair and new installations of electrical equipment
- Ensure consistent operation of all electrical equipment within the pulp mill
- Verify and document repairs
- Perform all duties in accordance with work safe practice
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A valid journeyman or inter-provincial certification is required
- Experience working in heavy industry
- Mechanical and electrical knowledge and aptitude
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Demonstrated problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Willing to work flexible work schedule
- Valid driver’s license in BC
- GE and Allen-Bradley PLC experience
- Experience working with high voltage
- Previous experience in a flexible multi-skilled work environment
- Additional trade certification or experience
Our employees drive our success. We believe in providing opportunities for growth and advancement and are looking for someone who wants to build their career in our company. In addition to competitive wages and benefits, Cariboo offers a stable, rewarding career. Cariboo also offers an attractive relocation package.
Located in Quesnel BC, Cariboo Pulp & Paper is a forerunning producer of NBSK pulp as well as clean “green” energy. Cariboo has been highly respected by the global market for providing top quality product for over 40 years. Forward thinking ownership, capital investment and movement towards bio-product opportunities has contributed to Cariboo’s longevity and bright future.
Quesnel has a population of approximately 25,000 and features all major conveniences, including its own airport. Quesnel offers affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, as well as unlimited recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn’t take long to feel part of Quesnel’s welcoming community.
Interested applicants should submit their application, including cover letter and resume. To apply, click on our job ad at www.westfraser.com/jobs and then click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.