West Fraser is a leading diversified North American forest products company that is listed on the TSX and rated one of Canada’s 10 Best Companies to Work For and as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers two years in a row. Are you interested in working for a company that offers both a challenging work environment and a rewarding career path? West Fraser’s Quesnel Plywood Division, located in Quesnel BC has an immediate opening for a highly motivated:
2nd CLASS POWER ENGINEER
The 2nd Class Power Engineer will lead a crew in our Steam plant on shift basis.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Maintaining a safe work environment
- Ensuring consistent operations of the Steam plant
- Facilitating the reliable supply of services to the mill
- Directing a shift crew
Operating a wide variety of equipment including:
o Power/package boiler
o Air compressor
o Sprinkler systems
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Several years of experience as a power engineer with increasing responsibility
- A 2nd class power engineering certificate (3rd class certificates with partial completion of 2nd class requirements will also be considered)
- Strong organizational, and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Demonstrated problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Desire to progress, learn, grow, and succeed
- Physical ability to work 12-hour shifts
West Fraser is currently looking for individuals who are interested in a full time long-term career in a modern mill environment. Wages, pension, and benefits will be as per the Steel Workers Collective Agreement. Safety is one of West Fraser’s core values and our employees can expect a challenging stable work environment with career development opportunities.
Quesnel has a population of approximately 25,000 and features all major conveniences, including its own airport. Quesnel offers affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, as well as unlimited recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn’t take long to feel part of Quesnel’s welcoming community.
Interested applicants should forward a resume to: email@example.com by January 30, 2015.
For more information on West Fraser and other career opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.