Are you a natural leader looking for an exciting career opportunity? Are you ready to take ownership and grow an already dynamic global business?
Cariboo Pulp is a West Fraser and Daishowa-Marubeni International (DMI) joint venture located in Quesnel, BC. We have an immediate opening for the role of:
Power & Recovery Shift Supervisor
2nd Class Power Engineer
Specific responsibilities include:
- Providing leadership, direction and supervision to a shift crew
- Maintaining a safe work environment
- Ensuring consistent operation of the pulp mill
- Work towards achieving operating targets
- Facilitating the reliable supply of services to the mill
Supervising operation of a wide variety of equipment including:
o Power/package boilers
o Chemical recovery boiler
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Proven leadership skills and experience
- A 2nd class power engineering certificate
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Demonstrated problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Desire to progress, learn, grow and succeed
- Physical ability to work 12-hour shifts
Cariboo Pulp & Paper is a forerunning producer of NBSK pulp as well as clean “green” energy. Forward thinking ownership, capital investment and movement towards bio-product opportunities has contributed to Cariboo’s longevity and very bright future. Cariboo offers competitive salaries, top-end pension plan, flexible benefits, opportunity for development and advancement, as well as the opportunity to make a positive difference in a renewable industry!
Cariboo offers a comprehensive relocation package to assist your move to Quesnel. Located in central BC, Quesnel has a population of approximately 25,000 and features all major conveniences, including its own airport. Quesnel offers affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, as well as unlimited recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn’t take long to feel part of Quesnel’s welcoming community.
Interested applicants should apply by sending their resume and proof of qualifications in confidence to: email@example.com
A family business at heart since 1955, West Fraser values excellence in performance and people, challenge and satisfaction, and profitability and growth. We practice leadership in our field and responsibility in our communities. For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.